Silver colours recognise pupils that have demonstrated a high level of performance and has demonstrated commitment and reliability through excellent attendance at training, matches or rehearsals.
Due to COVID-19 there has been little opportunity for pupils who have bronze colours to progress to silver colours. Contingency arrangements have been agreed this year for Silver colours as follows:
- You must have previously been awarded Bronze Colours in your chosen activity.
- You will be asked to give a summary of any participation/involvement in your activity between March and February (where possible).
- You will be asked to give an indication of how you intend to progress in your chosen activity and challenge yourself in this activity in the future.
- The standard of your application will be a factor in the decision made by the Colours Committee.
- Your application will be considered by your coach/team leader and then a decision made at a Colours Committee meeting.
The decision of the Colours Committee will be final.
The document below provides examples of the standard expected of Gold Colours.
Before you apply:
- You must be in S5 or S6
- You must hold Bronze Colours in your chosen activity
- You must have participated in your activity at AGS for a minimum of three years
- You must have shown a high level of performance
- You must meet the general criteria for colours for behaviour and attitude in school