Silver colours recognise pupils that have demonstrated a high level of performance and has demonstrated commitment and reliability through excellent attendance at training, matches or rehearsals.
Due to COVID-19 there has been little opportunity for pupils who have bronze colours to progress to silver colours. Contingency arrangements have been agreed this year for Silver colours as follows:
- You must have previously been awarded Bronze Colours in your chosen activity.
- You will be asked to give a summary of any participation/involvement in your activity between March and February (where possible).
- You will be asked to give an indication of how you intend to progress in your chosen activity and challenge yourself in this activity in the future.
- The standard of your application will be a factor in the decision made by the Colours Committee.
- Your application will be considered by your coach/team leader and then a decision made at a Colours Committee meeting.
Pupils who applied in a previous round and were unsuccessful should not apply again. Any applications will not be considered.
The decision of the Colours Committee will be final.
The document below provides examples of the standard expected of Gold Colours.
Before you apply:
- You must be in S5 or S6
- You must hold Bronze Colours in your chosen activity
- You must have participated in your activity at AGS for a minimum of three years
- You must have shown a high level of performance
- You must meet the general criteria for colours for behaviour and attitude in school