Gold colours recognise pupils that have demonstrated a very high level of performance and has demonstrated commitment and reliability through excellent attendance at training, matches or rehearsals.
Due to COVID-19 there has been little opportunity for pupils who have silver colours to progress to gold colours. Contingency arrangements have been agreed this year for Gold colours as follows:
- You must have previously been awarded Silver Colours in your chosen activity.
- You will be asked to give a summary of any participation/involvement in your activity between March and November (where possible).
- You will be asked to give an indication of how you intend to progress in your chosen activity and challenge yourself in this activity in the future.
- The standard of your application will be a factor in the decision made by the Colours Committee.
- Your application will be considered by your coach/team leader and then a decision made at a Colours Committee meeting.
The decision of the Colours Committee will be final.
The document below provides examples of the standard expected of Gold Colours.
Before you apply:
- You must be in S6
- You must hold Silver Colours in your chosen activity
- You must have participated in your activity at AGS for a minimum of four years
- You must have shown a very high level of performance
- You must meet the general criteria for colours for behaviour and attitude in school