On Thursday March 18th from 6.30-7.30pm DYW North East (Developing the Young Workforce) will be holding a free virtual event for parents/carers and young people to highlight the range of pathways on offer in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Senior phase pupils (S4-S6) will be preparing for their next steps, whether that is to stay in education or to enter the world of work. It can be a confusing landscape and as a parent or carer, you have a leading role when your child is making decisions about their career. The free information session will help inform you about the wide range of pathways available to young people and support them on their journey beyond school.
Hear from the following local employers and further/higher education providers who have experience in supporting young people into the workplace in a variety of different pathways.
• Skills Development Scotland
• Bon Accord Care • Balfour Beatty
• NESCol • RGU
• Tullos Training
Sign up for the event on Eventbrite through this link:
- Monday 1st March, 4pm – 6pm
- 8 different Apprentice highlight journeys and workshop sessions
- Open to all year groups in S3, S4, S5 & S6
- Opportunity to ask questions and find out about other young people’s career journeys
- Big focus on Graduate Apprenticeships and Summer Work Experience
- Learn about different types of apprenticeships, some myth busting and a few prizes along the way!
- Free event for all students, teachers and parents
Young Professionals have teamed up with EY, GSK, QA, HSBC, PwC, Capgemini & RAF all of which will be delivering a 15-minute workshop / session on who they are, what they do and career opportunities for your students. Each company will be joined by one of their very own apprentices who will share their career journey to date along with someone from the recruitment team to share information on the different opportunities / route paths post studies.